Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: ARE THE CLOTHES FOR AG DOLLS WORTH THE PRICE

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nelliemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]mad.gif[/img] OK SO I AM OONLY 11 SO I HAVE LIMMITED CASH RIGHT SO I WENT ON LINE AND ORDERED TO NORMAL DRESSES FOR MY DOLL KELLY AND I COULDENT BUY 2 DRESSES AND THAT WAS NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING AND HANDELING. I HAD $40!!!! SOO I HAD TO BUY ACESSRIES!!!!! IT MADE ME SOOOOOOO MAD [img]mad.gif[/img] I BUY CLOTHES OTHER PLACES AND THEY ARE ONLY LIKE 10 BUCKS EACH AND THEY AREB REALLY WELL MADE ALSO!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member lynet44's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I was you, I would get the doll clothes at Target or Walmart. The Our Generation clothes and Tolly clothes are fine especially if you don't have much money. I have bought several outfits there and I am very happy with them.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nelliemarie-
    Have you checked out the American Girl Online Club? My daughter is too young for it right now, but you can chat with others and collects starts or points. You can redeem the stars for items, and they have a special club outfit for dolls.

    Again, I don't know a lot about it, but it might be worth checking out! I know others here have more experience with it. Good Luck!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bunny,

    I am new to AG too. My daughter got Kirsten for Christmas. I have bought so far only one of Kirsten's AG dresses.Of course I do want more AG dresses. But my daughter has enjoyed getting outfits from Target and Walmart. SO I say use your money for the cheaper outfits. They are nice too. But maybe ask your family to buy you the AG gifts for special times.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think that you have to look at each outfit abd determine how hard ir is to make. How many seams pleats and ruffles. The historical outfits for Samantha Nellie and Kirsten are well worth the money because of the detail. Another place to look for doll clothes is at craft fairs.
    You do not need a sewing machine to make doll clothes . Some of the contemporary clothe are easy to make.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AGMommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nelliemarie, I suggest what another mom here suggested and sign up for the American Girls Club. My 10 year-old daughter did that too, just two days ago. You'll meet tons of girls just like you! (We love having you visit these boards of course, and hope you keep doing so, but for even more fun, go to the AG website, click on Club, and ask your mom to help enroll you!)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member utopiaofdelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2004
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If I were you, I would look at my budget, then at all the AG clothes and say, "Ok, which AG outfits do I want the most?" Then i would buy, say, my favorite 2 AG outfits, then spend the rest of my $$ on Target outfits ( which, I must say, are a good buy because they're decent quality for a good price ) Then, when you get more money, you can do that again, picking and choosing which AG outfits you like best and buying Target outfits the rest of the time. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ninasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Target doll clothes are nice, but not all of them fit AG. Sometimes you have to cut the hem to let the hands through or cut the back of the shoes to let the feet in. I don't know about their most recent clothes though. Maybe they have improved.

    June

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    VERY few of the Wal-Mart and Target doll clothes fit the AG dolls well. I have several outfits from both stores for my Target Our Generation doll, and frankly, the quality on them is terrible. I almost feel like I'm wasting my money on them, but my AG clothes are too big for my Target doll and look really bad on her.

    The AG clothes, for the most part, are worth every penny. They are some of the most well made that I have ever seen and they stand up very well to play and lots of clothes changing.

    Bunny, if you use the code for $10 off, you would be able to get two outfits. The code is 137807. And please don't type in all caps, it's condsidered shouting on the Internet and it's a little rude.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Monika's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2003
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too have been VERY disappointed with the quality & fit of the Target, Walmart & Toys R Us clothes for the 18 in dolls (AG of course). I think they are actually harder for young girls (4 &5) to deal with because of at least my daughters will try very hard to make them 'fit' - which is not only resulted in ripped clothing but rough treatment of the dolls themselves...

    I would advise you to make sure that you take the clothing out of the packaging very gently - on the basis that the clothes may not fit & that is just like throwing your cash away.

    I have been extremely impressed with the quality of the AG clothes that we have purchased to date & refuse to purchase anything else (With the possible exception of home made ones - which are usually first rate in quality).

    Keep an eye on this board for 'special' codes that let you get more bang for your buck & then of course there used to be the great clearances - but well, THANKS to NELLIE [img]wink.gif[/img] haven't come out this year...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •